Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW)
Funded training in Dorset and Somerset
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within all businesses in Dorset and Somerset. We provide recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance your employees’ skills, increase the competitiveness of your business and boost the local economy.
We can work with you to develop a bespoke training programme relevant to your needs, and because this programme is co-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), you can support your workforce at no extra cost to your business.
Benefits for your employees and business
- Training is tailored to the specific needs of your business
- Can be more cost-effective than hiring skilled employees
- Increases employee confidence, motivation and productivity
- Improves employee loyalty and retention by making them feel valued
- Fully-flexible training; pick full qualifications or mix and match individual units to suit your business
- On-the-job vocational training to meet individual needs; including tutor-led learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning.
- Fully funded training – no cost to your business or employees
Employees will benefit from a wide variety of training courses like leadership and management, technical skills training and higher level skills relevant to your business.
Completing the training can help your employees continue to higher level qualifications, take on more responsibility, and progress in their careers.
The programme will provide:
- Advice and guidance
- Personal development planning
- Skills development
- Accredited qualifications such as awards, certificates and diplomas
- Bespoke training programmes tailored to meet your business needs.
- Learning and mentoring
Training will reflect the needs of your business and can be delivered on site or at other appropriate venues.
Skills Support for Redundancy (SSR)
Additional support is also available under this programme to assist Employers and Employees with training, support and guidance who find themselves in a redundancy situation.
Further details can be found on our Skills Support for Redundancy (SSR) page.
All training must be completed by March 2023.
To be eligible for funding, participants must
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be working a minimum of 8 hours per week